ConflictMastery™ uses the Conflict Dynamics Profile® (CDP) in its workshops. CDP is an assessment instrument about conflict behaviours. This tool provides a powerful way to help people gain self-awareness about such things as their constructive and destructive responses to conflict.
There are two versions of the CDP. The CDP-360 and the CDP-Individual (CDP-I). The CDP-I is a "self-report" (respondents assess how they view themselves) and considers their constructive and destructive responses to conflict and their hot buttons. The CDP-360 is a full spectrum tool, which assesses not only the respondents' self-view. It also includes the perspective of their boss, peers and direct reports.
A report is provided for both versions. The CDP-I provides respondents with information on:
- what types of actions provoke them; and
- their self-identified constructive and destructive responses to conflict.
The CDP-360 provides feedback on the same variables as above and also:
- how others perceive the way they respond to conflict;
- how respondents react before, during and after conflict; and
- which behaviours may harm one's position in a particular organization.